Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sookie Stackhouse Book Review


So I'm sure your all familiar with the Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charline Harris??

She recently released the last book in the series Dead Ever After...

I've been counting down the days for this release, I have loved all the books so far and LOVE the TV adaption True Blood but when I turned the last page and finished...

I was Kinda Disappointed :( 

Now I'm not saying it wasn't a good book because it was but I just feel this one lacked a certain pizzazz... 

*Spoilers*

Now Sookie goes through all her usual problems - someone always wants her dead (Poor Sookie) and her love life is never uneventful!

Dead Ever after finds her framed for murdered, kidnapped, humiliated by Eric (Again) When is she going to realize Eric is super hot and also kind of a jerk!

But throughout all these trials I just found it all a bit lacking in excitement, I wasn't drawn into the story like the other books.

But the thing that really got to me! The ending...

I always expected her to end up with Sam - after all he's always been loyal, always stuck by her but the way Charline leaves it leaves the reader asking 'is she going to be with him forever?'  'are they a real, serious couple?' 

Where was the romance? The sizzle?  

Sookie says she thinks they will be together by Christmas, maybe always...

Maybe! Maybe, I don't want a maybe I want a happily ever after...

Sookie settled! She started out as a strong kick ass woman and settled for line dancing and casseroles.

So in the end I would give the book 3 1/2 out of 5

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe everyone loved it?

I'd love to here your thoughts

As always
Happy Reading!
R x


No comments:

Post a Comment