Thursday 6 June 2013

Journey to an Indie Author!

Sometimes you just have to go for it right?

When I woke one morning in November 2012 with a story in my head that I just had to get out, I never even imagined I'd finish it let alone have a go at self publishing.

But I did I finished it!!

And now here I am writing a blog with my eyes seeing double! - I think I've possibly read to many lines!

Over the past couple of weeks I've read every blog, article and tweet I could find on self publishing, my poor brain hasn't been worked this hard since school! (Okay maybe never)

I've made a list of all the places I need to open a profile with, its pretty long!

I joined Twitter! - Thanks to all the wonderful followers I have already.

And now I've set myself a deadline...

You see the idea of self publishing is great but the hardest part is probably being your own boss!  So I've told my self 'You will have this manuscript re-read and ready'  because if I don't tell myself who will?

I have no agent, or publisher pushing me forward, I have to do it myself.

So this week all I've done is read, read until my eyes hurt and my head pounds and I'm getting there one chapter at a time.  There may be piles of washing slowly collecting around the house and mountains of toys being left every where but it doesn't matter, my kids don't seem to mind me cooking frozen food every night. Or switching the TV on to keep them quiet, in fact I think they love it!  My husband not so much he he.

The journey of self publishing is a scaring, exciting one, some days I want to cry and others I feel high with joy but one thing is certain I will do this and you can follow me on this journey.

I'd love you hear your stories of self publishing or just a message from a fellow book fan. :)

Well I best get back to it - kids need to be put away lol

Happy Reading

R x




No comments:

Post a Comment